In addition to our adult programs, we offer a Senior Adult Fellowship Group tailored to address the devotional needs of our community's seniors.
SENIOR ADULT FELLOWSHIP GROUP
Purpose: The active members have indicated they prefer a mainly social organization as opposed to one with long-range projects. They wish to be informed of activites and needs of church groups and of community service organizations in order to provide support.
The Senior Fellowship Group meets the second Friday evening of every month at 5:30 (except during June, July and August), in the Fellowship Hall. Our meetings begin with a potluck dinner followed by a program or having fun playing board games. This group is open to all seniors, whether working or retired, who enjoy social fellowship. Each table seats eight people so there is lots of chance to visit and get acquainted during the meal. There are many seniors in our congregation and we want to build friendships and to know when we can offer support if problems arise.
There will be no meeting in October. The next meeting will be in November. Watch the bulletin and website for information on the date and time!
If the evening meeting time presents a problem because you are not able to drive at night, we have members who will be glad to give you a ride. To schedule a ride, call Elizabeth Broughall at 303-466-3851. For further information about the Senior Fellowship Group, contact Sallie Bolich at 303-466-2003.
Ways to get involved:
- Attending monthly potlucks.
- Suggesting or arranging speakers, field trips and other entertainment.
- Publicizing and supporting church and community service activites with time or cash donations.
- Volunteering individual time to projects such as Heart to Heart, FISH, and the In Step Newsletter Mailing.
- Presenting programs to the fellowship.
- Presenting devotions at meetings.
- Serving on the Planning Committee.
Additional Information: Potlucks are held on the 2nd Friday of the month at noon in the Fellowship Hall with speakers or entertainment following.
How To Get Involved: Contact Edith Martin at 303-466-3453.
Fellowship Planning Committe: Edith Martin, Harry Counsel, Elizabeth Broughall, Joe Redding, Sallie Bolich
Activities of Interest to Seniors:
- Music: Sunrise Singers - meets Wednesdays at 6:30pm (Contact Jean DiGiallonardo, 303-468-2910)
Chancel Choir - meets Wednesdays at 7:30pm (Contact Riikka Caffrey, 720-880-5687)
Handbell Choir - meets at varied times (Contact Lora Fulton, 303-439-2129)
- Visitation: Heart to Heart - meets the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 9:15am (Contact Ruth Ellison, 303-850-7777)
- Service: Cards by God - meets 1st & 3rd Thursdays of the month at 7pm (Contact Niki Winchell, 303-460-7796)
- Mission - Study - Fellowship: United Methodist Women - 6 circles, meeting once or twice monthly (Contact Georgeanne Beck, 303-469-3187)
- Bible Studies: Check out our Small Groups page! (Contact Thomas Cross, 720-880-5221)
- Fellowship: Sr. Adult Fellowship - meets 2nd Friday of the month at 5:30pm with varied leaders
(Contact Edith Martin, 303-466-3453)
Wonderful Wednesday Meals - meets Wednesdays at 5:45pm at BUMC. The meal is
sponsored by a group in order to raise money for a specific cause. Check
the calendar or with the church office (303-466-1719) for upcoming dates.